Careers, Application, Employee Benefit Summary
Technical skill and experience are imortant, Sonus Pharmaceuticals strives to hire people who are a good fit within the organization. The key success areas are:
- Achievement (continually striving for high quality and timely results)
- Teamwork and cooperation (thriving in a warm, supportive, and collegial workplace that achieves results through effective teamwork)
- Analytical thinking (rigorous, systematic thinking and planning that is focused on achieving the right results – although present to some degree in all employees, this is a skill that should improve with experience and maturity)
- Initiative (proactive and persistent problem-solving – although present to some degree in all employees, the application, e.g. knowing how and when to best apply it, should improve with experience and maturity)
- Impact and influence (find and apply many different ways to exert a positive influence on achieving outcomes; this too should improve with experience and maturity)
Any position will be reporting to the Associate Director of Analytical Discovery. We are seeking a talented individual to join our dynamic, collaborative organization where you can make an immediate and significant contribution.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Provide Analytical support for Synthesis projects, including compound characterization (identity, purity, solubility, stability). Provide Bioanalytical support for Preclinical projects. Perform analytical and bioanalytical method development and validation.
- Conduct directed to independent research relevant to critical questions in on-going research and development projects.
- Maintain an accurate and detailed laboratory notebook record of work performed. Organize findings, analyze data, interpret results, draw conclusions and design on-going experiments based on sound scientific conclusions drawn from experimental findings.
- Write new or revised Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), study Protocols and detailed Study Reports.
- Provide expertise in HPLC and LCMS instrument operation, use, maintenance and repair.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of the current literature in analytical sciences, as well as state-of-the-art developments and principles. Pursue professional development opportunities such as relevant training courses, scientific conferences or professional meetings.
- Publish research findings in the literature, or through presentations at scientific conferences. Participate in the development of patent applications.
This is an experienced position requiring a high-level of performance, often with little to no supervision. Competitive candidates should have:
How to apply
Sonus Pharmaceuticals is located in Bothell, Washington, just North of Seattle. We offer a stimulating work environment and a cohesive team valued for the contribution of each individual.
If you feel that you meet the requirements for any of the positions listed, please forward your resume to:
Attention: HR (Specify position applying for)
22026 20th Ave SE
Bothell, WA 98021
Fax (425) 489-0626
Send your resume and cover letter as text in an email, or attach as MS Word document(s). We will contact you directly should your qualifications be commensurate with our current needs.
Employee Benefit Summary
The following are some benefits available to all regular full-time employees:
Paid Time Off
- Holidays - Sonus provides the following holidays: President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, and Christmas Day through New Year's Day.
- Vacation - Vacation accrual begins with the first day of employment. Accrual rate for full-time employees is 3 weeks (15 days) per year, and for employees with more than 5 years of service, the accrual rate increases to 4 weeks (20 days) per year. The accrual rate is prorated for part-time employees.
- Sick Time / Leave of Absence - Full-time regular employees may be eligible for salary continuation benefits for short-term absences due to illness or injury.
Health Insurance Benefits
For additional information please contact Human Resources or visit the following spots:
- Washington Dental Service
- Vision Service Plan
All full-time employees are eligible to share in Sonus Pharmaceutical's success as participants in our Stock Option Program, at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
Stock options generally vest over 4 years, with 25% vesting after 1 year and the remaining vesting in equal installments over the next 36 months.
401(K) Plan - All regular employees are eligible to participate in Sonus Pharmaceuticals' 401(K) Plan. The company offers a corporate match up to 2%, paid in SNUS stock.